Thursday, June 17, 2004

This morning I had a little chat with my family about our electricity bills. I have a little problem with 'em: they're too friggin' high! The bills, not my family.

I've suggested some ways to cut costs in that area, and they'd better not fall on deaf ears, or I will be forced to put my foot down!

Energy-Saving Tips

Minimize the number of times the fridge is opened by taking everything you need, out at the same time. This is tricky at first, but with a little planning, it'll work out.

For rastaman's sake, turn off all t.v.'s, fans, and radio's if you aren't usin' 'em! It's not rocket science, just press the "off" button when you're leavin' the room!

Try ironing everything you need for the week in one go. This'll seem like a humongous drag, but believe me, it'll be easier on your pocket. Or whoever's pocket the bill money comes from.

There's no need to run to the microwave if your food happens to drop half a degree from "burn-your-mouth" temperatures...just eat it! It won't poison you.

I've nominated myself the official Energy Police in my house, and my family WILL respect my authoritaw! (Who got that?)

No comments: