Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Last night I found myself in the midst of a mix of dancers and musicians. I could almost taste the energy from the artistic aura in the room.
There's just something about African dance...maybe it's that one must use their entire body when performing....maybe it's the wild abandon of the dancers...maybe it's the drums....my lord...the drums.

I can't seem to describe the rhythm those guys were laying down last night. I remember one guy ringing a cowbell in there somewhere.

Man, that beat was so infectious, I couldn't help but move to it. And it just kept getting faster and stronger as the dance went on. It was absolutely seductive.
I sat in awe...my whole world filled with this beautiful, vibrant music, and that pounding movement.
I remember feeling very proud of my ancestry.
I was moved.

No comments: