Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Why is that everyone around here seems to have this innate fear of centipedes? Is it a Bajan thing? Bees sting hard too, but we don't shudder at the thought of bees like we do centipedes, right? Maybe it's because there're all those cutesy little phrases about bees: there's "busy as a bee", "mind your own beeswax" and my personal favourite "the birds and the bees".

In the bank line yesterday, an old lady came across a 4", live centipede in her purse. Now THAT was the most exciting thing that happened all day! I coulda sworn she was gonna have a heart attack with all that hopping around she did. She was pretty agile though. The guy behind her came to her (and everybody else's in the line) rescue and stomped it into centipede juice with his timburlands. Who says chivalry is dead.

C.O.T.

Batman seems to be giving me a green light again. I dunno if I should take the bait. Maybe I'll just pretend to take the bait, and torture him instead. He certainly deserves it.

No comments: